The most recent Enhancement Package (EHP8) for SAP ERP 6.0 was released in 2016. Business Processes included in SAP ERP are Operations (Sales & Distribution, Materials Management, Production Planning, Logistics Execution, and Quality Management), Financials (Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Financial Supply Chain Management), Human Capital Management (Training, Payroll, e-Recruiting) and Corporate Services (Travel Management, Environment, Health and Safety, and Real-Estate Management).
1. Supports the integrated business process inside the organization.
2. Improves capital planning and helps in executing organizational plans and strategies.
3. In case the product is out of stock, the sales team approaches the Production Planning Department to manufacture the product
4. Helps speed up the decision-making process over the analysis of accurate data.
5. Helps extend the business network to wider domains, expanding the products and services to reach more customers, suppliers, and partners.
6. Identifies operational risks to improve governance.
7. Provides protection against organizational data breaches and security threats to leakage of information.
8. Does the organization adapt to the rapid changes in the business process according to the needs.
9. Gives long-term profit by providing means to increase the customer base.
ERP is a business management software is usually a suite of integrated applications that a company can use to collect, store, manage, and interpret data from many functional areas including −
1. Financial Accounting: Deals with financial transactions and data.
2. Human Resource: Deals with information related to an employee of an organization.
3. Customer Relationship Management: Deals with capturing and managing customer relationship, facilitating the use of customer experience to evaluate the knowledge database.
4. Sales and Distribution: Deals with order placement, delivery, shipment and invoicing.
5. Logistics and Warehouse Management: Deals with storage of products and shipment.
6. Manufacturing and Material Management: Deals with the production and production planning activities.
7. Supply Change Management Deals with the movement of products, storing, managing, and controlling supplies.
8. Business Intelligence: Analyzes data and converts the same information.